วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 25 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

Don't Fight in Front of the Children

I have seen the repercussions of this first hand as a child. I am 32 years old and the 2nd of 11 children, My Dad is a construction worker and my Mom is homemaker. He was raised and taught to be very old school and controlling with all of his children and my Mom. My oldest brother is 33 years old and my youngest sister is 11 and to be honest I really don't remember Mom as a young woman not being pregnant, yes I know they were busy in every aspect of life.

My mom was pregnant when she was 15 years old and was married by the time she was 16. If it wouldn't have been for us children they wouldn't have stayed together as long as they did. I know that Dad loves all of us and I know that Mom loves us as well. We are all still close with Mom but Dad did some things to her during the divorce that I couldn't believe and went against everything we were taught by both Mom and Dad growing up, therefore only a couple of the children will even talk to him other than saying hello if he calls or runs into us at the store. I do not think they were right for each other from the start, there was some physical abuse, early on I do remember my mom being afraid of Dad, and have heard a story about my grandfather on Mom's side coming over at night before we came along and waiting outside of the house with a shotgun when he had found out about one time that Dad hit Mom with his fist. These are just a few reasons for me saying "don't fight in front of the children"

I really wish that they would have had more consideration for each other and us children when they were going through the separation process. I think people overlook the children, and are only concerned with their personal wants and feelings. No one ever thinks about who all they will affect when they treat a loved one with disrespect and how much it might hurt others that are close to them. Don't fight in front of the children because it is amazing how much damage can be done with just one bad commit.

orange bowl And oscar

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น